At Discover 2010 you'll see exhibits and demonstrations of how Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) uses High Performance Computing (HPC) to solve today's challenging problems.
Learn how HPC tools — computational science, modeling, simulation, visualization, and data mining — can advance your research and drive innovation. The day is designed for university professors and students, as well as industry researchers and decision makers across all disciplines.
PSC collaborations include:
- university faculty to support computational science research and education in diverse areas such as biomedicine, pandemic strategies, network design, and economics
- secondary school teachers to transform science and math using modeling and simulation tools
- industry R&D leaders to develop new products and processes to achieve a competitive advantage, and
- government scientists to develop solutions to meet clean energy and environmental challenges.
This full-day event is designed and customized especially for:Universities and Colleges
professors · researchers · graduate and undergraduate students
Covering all disciplines:
- Earth and environmental science
- Social Sciences
- Others where a computational approach might be useful
researchers · scientists · engineers · corporate decision makers · economic development organizations
See how HPC can improve innovation and competitiveness through applications, such as:
- product development
- material engineering
- supply chain management
- financial modeling
- customer data analysis
Specific information also will be available regarding
- PSC resources and services and how to access them
- training and education opportunities
- science programs
To choose a time slot for your visit, RSVP here.